Sorry for the blurry picture- the cover is shiny and I couldn't get the camera to focus.
Wow- what a thought provoking book. Although I disagree with some of the conclusions this woman comes to after she leaves a Muslim country to escape to Holland, reading about her life was fascinating, shocking, alarming and enlightening. How grateful I am to have been born in America and not a Muslim country!
I haven't read this book yet and I admit I'm a bit nervous to begin. But I hope it will be insightful - especially as I have been processing through spiritual abuse and its effects.
On a lighter note, I have checked out numerous craft books recently and have been disappointed overall. These two books, Romantic Home Sewing and Sublime Stitching have been the exception. I'm inspired to do a bit of fun sewing now!
I have checked out a mountain of books on Dyslexia, hoping to find other pieces to Abby's reading situation. Most of the books waxed on about how only professionals can help and parents should leave everything up to them. But this book above had a few helpful leads into other things we might look into.
No comments:
Post a Comment