I asked Abby to take some pictures outside for me. She tried to take some of Jacob and Hope, but they mostly ran away from her!
Jacob and Hope have been playing with Lincoln logs in the family room the past few days. Notice the cowboy/soldier guarding the barn from the roof. And another cowboy apparently shooting something from beside the house. Wonder why all the animals appear to be dead. Hmmm.
In school news, Jacob and Hope's new math program came today- from "Math-U-See". Hannah has been using their Pre-Algebra course and has liked it so I thought I'd see how Jacob did with it. We have always used "Making Math Meaningful" but once we hit Algebra (after that series had ended), we floundered. We checked out another video Algebra program and were not impressed. We liked "Math-U-See" for Hannah, so we'll see how it works for the younger grades.
If nothing else, the manipulatives are colorful and fun to play with!
No comments:
Post a Comment