Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oops..


I sent our Christmas cards yesterday. I've never sent them after Christmas before and I hope people will forgive me. I knew I was in trouble when I retrieved a phone message from a friend worried about us because she hadn't gotten our Christmas card yet.

And all along I was thinking we were just "fashionably late". Guess not!

3 comments:

Julie said...

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sending+new+years+cards+instead%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Don't know if you can link to this, but I did a google search of "sending New Years cards instead". I read an article about this, and think it's kind of a good idea.

Jennifer said...

You know, Julie, I get so excited to receive *any* personal mail that I wouldn't mind a Christmas letter whenever anyone decided to send one.

I was hoping that the recipients of our letters would feel the same!

I wonder if it's o.k to use Christmas stationery, though, if your letter goes out in, say, August... :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, I forgot to say that yes, I think sending out cards at New Years can be good, too (as long as your friends don't get worried when your cards arrive a month later than they were expecting them!).