Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Reading and Inspiration


We checked out several craft/sewing books from the library (well, we do this year-round actually) and found some fun ideas in them for this summer.


The Martha Stewart book detailed the beautiful paper flowers featured in the "Weddings" video we watched (and were fascinated by). The girls are interested in getting some crepe paper and trying these.


Lots of great ideas and inspiration from "Weekend Sewing". I still need to finish the quilt I started last summer from Heather Ross fabric (Heather Ross is the author of this book).


This dress is adorable and looks very easy to make. If I use fabric I already have, will this violate my stated goal of only working on unfinished projects this summer?


This was an interesting book on the English language.


I started this book last night. It's written by several women about their experiences being a grandmother. One of my deepest desires is to be a grandmother someday. I am enjoying this book!

No comments: