Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bits and Pieces


Hannah has been making more cards from her paper flower collection. She enjoys making them after her schoolwork is done and she can unwind while listening to music.


Since the weather has been feeling more like late summer/early fall, I made a fall wreath for the front door. Hopefully this act will change the weather patterns and we can get back to summer.


This book was a good read. Although I didn't agree with everything the author said, I appreciated his thoughts and viewpoints. (My brain isn't working well enough right now to compose a summary of the book!)

We have completed our second week of school. So far it has been going well and we are enjoying our group/history time of studying the Middle Ages. The kiddos are reading books from this time period for their independent reading/English as well.

Jacob hurt his ankle and we tried all kinds of things to help it. We finally went to the doctor who said to put ice on it. So we did and the ankle feels better. Now he says his knees hurt. Grrr.

And finally, Hannah got her driver's permit and is ready to start driving around. I'm not sure I'm ready for *this* stage of parenting.

No comments: