Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jacob


Wasn't it just yesterday that this face was looking up at me?


That cute little boy who loved to play with cars and legos.


Who took such good care of his little sister.


And liked to dress like his daddy?



How did the years go by so quickly?


Jacob, such a tender, gentle boy.


Always concerned with the needs of others. Rarely asking anything for yourself.


What a gift you are.


How very loved.

Now on the verge of turning thirteen.


One minute still the little boy.


The next, acting more and more like the man you will become.


Still so gentle and protective.


Asking hard questions and not settling for pat answers.


Taking on more responsibility at home.


How grateful I am for every minute I've had to be your mother.






Happy birthday, son. How we love you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I so enjoyed having Jacob at the family reunion. No doubt, there's lots of 'Parks' in that boy. Happy Birthday Jacob!