Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dear Blue Silk Dress,


Three (or four) years ago, I know you got excited when I cut you out and sewed those first seams. You thought you were getting close to being finished. However, it took some time to locate a zipper of the right length (over 20 inches) and color (light blue). Then, the zipper had to be sewn in by hand. In time, you were forgotten, languishing on a pile of unfinished projects.

Hope rose within you when you were rescued from that pile and brought into the closet in anticipation of hemming. But, alas, that day was still so far off.

So now, blue silk dress, you can breathe a sigh of relief, for you are finally hemmed, washed, ironed and ready for Easter morning. (Thankfully, you still fit even though I am ten pounds heavier than when you were first fitted. ) Your day is here at last!

No comments: