Our schoolbooks arrived earlier than I had expected. I order the bulk of our things from The Rainbow Resource Center which offers free shipping for orders over a certain amount. They ship using the slowest turtles in the fleet, however, so imagine my shock when FOUR days after I placed my order, a box arrived on my doorstep!
And here I was hoping it would come before August.

Hope has all she needs to get started. Her math, from Math-U-See, is coming in a later shipment. But since she has several chapters left in her previous math book, she'll finish that first. She is already reading Up a Road Slowly because how can you resist a new book?
I have written out each child's tentative weekly schedule in their plan books.
Looking forward to studying Economics with Jacob using the college lectures from The Teaching Company's Great Courses series. We have used several of these courses over the years and have found most of them to be exceptional. And finding them at the library is wonderful since they can get a little pricey.
Jacob will be doing Marine Biology since Abby will be in Chemistry this year. Jacob is going through two science texts a year, so I'm having to scramble to keep up with him. If only he was so passionate about writing...
Coming up later today, a post about homeschooling in the early years, because my brother asks such complicated questions in such small emails (ahem).
No comments:
Post a Comment