Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello Again


I have been so focused on our new school year that I have forgotten my little space in cyberland.


One of Hannah's classes at the community college is in photography. She is enjoying learning all about taking good pictures and it is fun to see her finished results (like these three pictures).


It seems that life has sped up quickly, but it really hasn't. Hannah goes to class each day and works three days a week, so she is gone a lot, but is at home more than she was this summer. Abby has her biggest course load yet, with Chemistry, Geometry, Recent World History (right now, WWI), English, Economics and Sign Language. Jacob is enjoying his first year in High School, with the extra studies that 9th grade brings. Hope is doing well in 5th grade, although this week she has experienced frustration with math- unusual for her since that is a favorite subject.

No more rattlesnakes to report after the big scare in the field and the little one on the porch one night.

We are enjoying lighting candles every night now that fall has come. Abby likes to light many tea lights around the family room. It almost makes up for not having a fireplace.

Brian is finishing up Jacob's bookcase this weekend. He is adding trim and beadboard to the stock bookcase we bought for him when he was a toddler! Guess it's better to finish it late than never.

We are still enjoying the swing on the back porch. Hope declares it is her favorite part of the house. I think I swing for about half an hour each day and I think Abby does that, too.

Brian got a gift card to Pottery Barn and I bought two decorative pumpkins with it. One is a larger rattan pumpkin and the other is a small white wooden one. It's fun to have new fall things to play with.

Abby drove me to pick up Hannah after her work last night. I had taken my contacts out and they were soaking in the cleaning solution, so I couldn't put them back in. Then Brian called and said he wouldn't be able to get Hannah- so Abby had to drive. She said she likes driving with me and has volunteered to drive as much as possible!

A lady called a few weeks ago and asked if she could buy some of Hannah's cards at wholesale to resell in her shop in a nearby city. So now Hannah has her things for sale in three locations :). Maybe someday this little hobby will actually *make* money for her!

Hannah found some gluten free graham crackers at the grocery, so we are looking forward to smores. However, we think we may need to toast the marshmallows over the tea lights in the family room...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Really good photos, all three. I look forward to seeing more, Hannah!