Interesting looking caterpillar on the door post.

Lucy once again thinking she's a human. And wanting something more than the dry dog food she normally gets.
Not sure how long these flowers will last inside, but it will be longer than they would last outside now.
I thought this book would be another "what to wear" book that I usually thumb through and return to the library the next day. However, it is nothing of the kind and I am enjoying it immensely. I love books that pleasantly surprise and make me look at the world differently. Bravo!
3 comments:
This book looks very interesting. I'm trying to take more of an interest in fashion, and in order to do that, I really need to understand why it's important. I'm beginning to understand that there is some value in putting thought into the image you project to the world, and how you want others to perceive you. Now, if I could only translate that into actually caring about going into the stores, and trying stuff on. I really want a personal shopper...
Julie,
I have subscribed to "MissusSmartyPants.com" for a couple of years and it has helped me *a lot*. She sends out an email every week with a style article and a shopping guide based on your body profile. She helps regular people who don't wear designer clothes know how to shop and what looks good for your body. She charges ten dollars for three months or thirty for a year membership. Maybe you could take a peek at her website and see if it interests you. She's as close to an affordable personal shopper as it gets (unless you have a friend or family member who does that...). And the book "The Thoughtful Dresser" is an insightful look at the importance of fashion in many respects. One of the most interesting parts (for me) is when the author talks about how an emphasis on fashion helped some of the Holocaust survivors regain their dignity and identity after the war. It's an easy read and certainly changes the way I view clothes!
Thanks for the recommendation, Jennifer. Just checked out the site, and it certainly can't hurt to try it! If Robert was close by, I'd definitely let him shop for me. Kid's got quite the fashion sense, but this sounds like a close second. And I definitely will read this book! Thanks!
Post a Comment