Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Lion King Part 2


We got in BIG trouble for taking this picture. The usher came and shined (shone?) her little piercing light on us and sternly chastised us for taking pictures in the theater. I didn't see her going after the other people whose cameras were flashing before the show!


The other picture we took with Rob on stage. I found out later that his friend (also in the cast) who took the photo is a professional photographer. That could be why everyone is centered so nicely. And now we can see Rob's neon shoelaces.


The bathroom had lots of mirrors. And some of the women were in fancy evening dresses. So fun.


Not many places for good photos. So we snapped this as we went back to our seats before the start of the show.

Random thoughts/memories of The Lion King:

-The audience was great! Very enthusiastic participation-clapping, cheering, standing ovation at the end.

-My children are now ruined forever since they saw that live theater is *way* better than movies.

-The costumes are truly a work of genius. The level of creativity was unlike anything I've ever seen before.

-I loved hearing Hope and Hannah squeal at different parts. Hannah's creative soul was sparked in a new way and Hope was thrilled. Abby said she wished she could go to sleep and dream the day over again. Jacob enjoyed it too, in his own quiet way.

-Favorite line in the show: "Wait! This part isn't in the cartoon!"

-I wish I had unlimited money to buy theater tickets. I could do this happily every month.

-Brian decided that this should be an annual event for our family. (yeah!)

No comments: