Saturday, August 4, 2012

End of Summer


We celebrated Hope's 11th Birthday this past week.


Her biggest gift yet- a new desk and chair for her room.  The desk is here, but the little hutch and chair should arrive this next week.
All the rest of her gifts were "desk related"- a waste basket, ruler, stapler, desk lamp, etc.


Grandma Jo has been asking me each week at church if I have a new project for her to help me with.  So, finally, I went to the fabric store for my supplies. The pink flowered (or flowerdie as Grandma Jackson would say) is for a pillow for Hope's new desk chair. That just jumped into the cart because it was too fun not to take home...

2 comments:

Brother Jon said...

Is that checkardy pattern beneath sewing material or a place mat?

Jennifer said...

Yes, the checkardy fabric is sewing material for the blouse in the pattern. I also looked for stripeidy fabric, but nothing else caught my eye.