The girls have been inspired by several cake decorating books from the library. They have been anxious to try their hand at it- too bad we don't know what to do with all this cake!
Brian picked up some "healthy" shortening at the store so that the girls could make icing and cake the "right" way- the way specified in the cake books. They made these cakes gluten-free with lemon flavoring. The icing tastes like wedding cake icing that I remember - soft and creamy. I had just the smallest taste on a fork and everyone else had a small sliver of cake last night.
Hannah's cake
I should mention that the girls made a two-layer cake but each decorated one layer- their cakes are not usually so short! Yes, gluten-free cakes will not rise the same as wheat flour will, but there is not THAT much difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment