Wow- what amazing videos about life in the womb! I loved the part in the human "womb" video of the first weeks of life- now with 3D and 4D video we can learn so much more than was known before. We were all amazed once again at God's awesome power and creativity in knitting us together in our mother's wombs. These videos are not graphic and I felt comfortable having all our children watch them.
Fascinating look at social and environmental factors affecting many boys' motivation: Video games which disengage boys from real-world pursuits, teaching methods geared towards the ways girls learn, prescription drugs such as for ADHD, endocrine disruptors-environmental estrogens from plastic bottles and food sources lowering testosterone levels- and the devaluation of masculinity through different societal role models in the past forty years.
Highly recommended!
I read an interview with George Weigel in a magazine and was very impressed with his perspectives on religion and society. This book got pretty intellectual and I got "lost" in spots, but overall very interesting. I especially appreciated his concern over the low birth rate in Europe and how that will impact the culture in the long term.
As I work on processing through some difficult situations in the homeschooling arena, this book was helpful in understanding spiritual abuse.
We also saw the movie "Amazing Grace" this week. I hadn't seen it yet and I can highly recommend it.
We are almost finished with "Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen in our group reading time. We are also reading "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" because it's just too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment