This morning - early- way before the sun was due to come up, I heard a little voice saying, "I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you?"
Too tired to say "no", before I knew it, Hope was in bed with us. Ready, apparently, for an in-depth theological conversation.
She had questions about a book she had read that said dinosaurs were not alive at the same time as people. "Is that true?" she asked.
That lead to a talk about evolution and how many people in the media and in public schools automatically assume "millions (or billions) of years ago". - Note to self: see the movie "Expelled- No Intelligence Allowed" by Ben Stein.
This led into questions about Jesus' crucifixtion and how God could raise Him from the dead. All before the sun came up.
I was reminded about a time when Hannah was little and she asked "Can bad people go to heaven?" in the ladies restroom in a mall. She was rarely satisfied when a basic yes or no, so I guess the great questions of life happen anytime, anyplace.
Even when you should be sleeping.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment