Wednesday, August 13, 2008


This week I am attempting to work on quilting this quilt top I bought on ebay about seven years ago. It is impossible to understate how much I *greatly dislike* machine quilting on my machine, so this task is being done because I really, really want another quilt for the family room this winter. We always scramble for the quilts on cold days and we need a few more so everyone will be warm.


My memory quilt top is finished and it turned out bigger than I thought it would. It is a good queen-sized (none of the beds in our house is queen sized, but we'll make it work...). It will probably be years before it is quilted, but in the meantime I will hang it over the upstairs railing and be happy looking at it.


We are into our second week of school. We decided that "A Day No Pigs Would Die" was not a good choice of a book for our family, so we didn't finish it and returned it to the library.

We are enjoying "The World in Ancient Times" history series as a group read-aloud. Jacob is reading "The Mystery of History" and I have checked out another popular homeschooling history book, but for now, "The Ancient Roman World" (and next, "The Ancient Egyptian World") has been great for our history studies.

Finally- wow- what an exciting Olympics! We look forward to evening when we can turn on the tv and cheer for our gymnasics teams and of course, Michael Phelps and the men's (swimming) relay teams. It's always incredible to watch the talent of these athletes from around the world.

No comments: