Monday, December 8, 2008

And here we thought fixing the basement was a fun project to do in winter.


This is what the outside of my living room looks like right now. A storm is moving in and the wind makes strange sounds against the Tyvek as it blows against it.


Underneath the Tyvek is the side of our house where we had a big water leak- the builders did not do a good job of caulking the siding and we are just now seeing the results of eight years of leaks. We still remain hopeful (ignorant, hiding our heads in the sand?) that this is isolated to the side of the house. Although we know of one other place on the front of the house that will need fixing.


These are the helpful books that have given me nightmares recently (!). After reading these, I think I see dust mites and mold everywhere... It is a good thing I never went to medical school.


Brian spent 7-8 hours working on the basement crawl space this weekend. He thinks that part is done and all that is left to do is to finish vacuuming and seal the walls. The floors (I think) have been sealed although the cracks still need to be caulked.

No comments: