Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Decorating


Since we are still in the process of making the basement safe for us mold-sensitive people, we made the decision to not use any of the Christmas decorations that have been stored in the basement for this year. We plan to take them out in the summer to clean/air them for next year.

Thankfully, not all of our Christmas things are stored in the basement! Brian's mom sent us the "Willow Tree" nativity set this year. We have it in the family room and have been enjoying it since fall (!). I love how in this set Mary is holding Jesus instead of looking at Him in the manger. If I were Mary, that's what I would be doing, too.


We bought a little artificial tree and put on our Precious Moments decorations. We hope to make gingerbread ornaments this week.


Flocked wrapping paper? Be still my heart!


We decorated the mantle following the wonderful advice of "The Nester".


On top of the piano.


A wreath for the back door.

Even though our Christmas decorating will be very simple this year, we are grateful that we have a few special items we can display. We are listening to Christmas music each night watching the lights on the (ever so little) tree, the mantle and the candles on the piano. I hope this year's more quiet celebration will bring fond memories in the years to come.

No comments: