Monday, October 26, 2009

My Fingertips Are So Sore!


The really hot glue gun worked for the pinecone wreath! Of course it looks a little off center in the picture, but that's ok. My fingers are sore from handling so many poke-y pine cones and I went through almost *80* gluesticks for this project. Each cone took at least one gluestick! Seriously, they don't make hot glue guns like they did when I did such crafts before.

The wreath was supposed to go on Percy The Shed, but I don't have any confidence that this wreath will hold up to wind, rain and snow. So it's hanging outside the kitchen door where is scares us when we walk by, thinking it's a burglar outside. This wreath COULD be used as a weapon- it is so heavy and sharp!

2 comments:

Bob Parks said...

Beautiful! Your fingertips will recover, but the wreath will go on for years. Nice job.

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Dad! I had to throw away the pine cone wreath mom used on our house in Michigan when we cleaned the basement. That wreath was in poor shape, but it brought back good memories whenever I saw it.

I thought about that wreath while I was making this one!