Hope seems to think that I promised her we'd put up the Christmas Tree this weekend. That would be a record for us- and we put ours up a few days before Thanksgiving last year.
Perhaps it's the stack of Christmas books from the library on the coffee table. Or the fact that we have made Christmas candy for the booth twice already. Or that Abby keeps playing Christmas carols on the stereo. Whatever, it appears that that the holidays will be arriving early, with Thanksgiving being ignored. Which is a shame since I like all the pumpkin decorations we have up.
Perhaps it's the stack of Christmas books from the library on the coffee table. Or the fact that we have made Christmas candy for the booth twice already. Or that Abby keeps playing Christmas carols on the stereo. Whatever, it appears that that the holidays will be arriving early, with Thanksgiving being ignored. Which is a shame since I like all the pumpkin decorations we have up.
We have been working through this book, looking for new songs to sing.
Who knew that Fum Fum Fum was so well known? We didn't. It makes us giggle. It sounds like someone is sneezing with a Christmas cold.
Hannah's new favorite, most likely because of the David Archuleta version.
5 comments:
I give this post two Fum's up.
Thanks, Jon. That means a lot. :)
Even the strangest of the old carols is better than "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas."
I'm referencing your responses to old carols you've discovered in my sermon on Sunday. See how you inspire me?
Great. Now the people of your congregation will know the strangeness of each of your family members now. Maybe you could have the choir sing a rousing rendition of "Fum Fum Fum" as well?
Post a Comment