Sunday, November 16, 2008

Around the House


This was birthday week, with two children celebrating their birthdays just one day apart. They choose each year to open all gifts on one day, then have the cake the next.


One child requested pizza for their birthday dinner, the other requested macaroni and cheese. Today (Sunday) was the day for the mac and cheese and we tried a new (to us) recipe from the "Barefoot Contessa" cookbook. I am not a "foodie", but I must say that the cheese sauce for this is divine. I could have eaten it all with a spoon and not saved any for the noodles. The unexpected ingredient in the sauce is nutmeg- wow. I think we have all gone over our cheese quota for the year between this and the pizza!


The basement project is coming along. (Look! You can see the floor!) Dumpster out front, "keeper" stuff in the garage, "still to throw away" things on the side of the house, making our neighbors displeased, I'm sure.


While Daddy works, we take a walk...


I made this tree skirt the winter I had pneumonia (I was 13, I think). I remember those long hours latch-hooking away. It was so boring, but I was determined to finish it before Christmas. It needs to go into the trash, but I took this photo to remember it.


And truly, what could be more wonderful than the "Last Supper" plaque given by Grandma J. when I was first married? The sheer tackiness of it has always made me giggle. I struggle to know which pile to place this in- the "keeper" or the "trash".

No comments: