Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interview with Jared Parks


Jared Lamont Parks is the oldest child of Steve and Melody Parks and brother to Joel. He was born on April 6, 1980 in Sacramento, California. He kindly answered my interview questions so we could get to know him better. Here are is answers, in his own words:

What is your earliest memory? On the way to Michigan in 1983 and I was playing by a sewer lid. I remember it because my mom had it on VHS.


Do you remember your grandparents? Do you have any special memories of them? I have memories of my grandparents on my mom's side. They are still alive. I remember Grandma's penny gumball machine at her house. It was a staple memory.

Do you have any special childhood memories? Yes, all my fellow students chanting my nickname as I was getting ready to dance down the graduation stage.

What was your favorite Christmas gift? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game.
Least favorite? Sweaters.

Favorite food as a child? Strawberries.

Did you like school? Yes.
Favorite subject? English.
Were you a good student? Average.

What did you do after high school? I got my Medical Assistant Certification and Nursing Assistant Certification.


What hobbies do you currently have? Video games, music, listening to talk radio.

Other than the Bible, what is your favorite book? Kevin Trudeau "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" and "Mr. Toad".

Where do you currently live? In California in my Grandpa's R.V. Yes, it's the only place for me.

Finish this sentence: "People say my best characteristic is..." compassion/empathy.

"I wish I could change ---- about myself" My OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and financial situation.

Do you have any special talents? Playing trumpet.

What do you like to do after a long day? Lay down outside on the grass and pet the dogs.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert.

What is your favorite hymn? Jesus Loves Me.

Tell about how you became a Christian: About the fifth or sixth grade I felt conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Favorite Bible Verse? I don't know it but it talks about the Holy Spirit dwelling in your innermost being.

Is there something specific you want to do or accomplish before you die? To be a fully functional, cured person. Find the causes and cures for OCD and know God and experience the fullness and completeness of God.

What is a word of advice you would give to someone younger than you? Guard your heart (take care of yourself) for it is the wellspring of life.

Thank you, Jared, for sharing a bit of yourself! We are so glad that the Lord allowed you to be adopted into the Parks family and thank Him for the unique and special qualities that you bring to the family!

No comments: