Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interview with Uncle Steve

Steve D. Parks is the youngest child of Hosmer and Ella Parks. He was born November 23, 1950 in Plainwell, Michigan. He was kind enough to answer my interview questions so we could get to know him better. Here is Uncle Steve, in his own words:

Do you have any memories of your grandparents? I remember Grandpa Rolofson's good sense of humor.

Do you have any special childhood memories? I loved playing with my nieces and nephews.


What was your favorite Christmas gift?
I got a Jerry Mahoney ventriloquist doll.
Least favorite gift? A lump of coal.

Favorite food as a child? I liked home made pizza made by my mom the best.


Did you like school? Favorite subject? Were you a good student? I liked school pretty well. I liked art class. I didn't like algebra. I was a pretty good student.

What did you do after high school? I became a Youth Director after college.

What hobbies do you have? I love to collect music and listen to it.

Tell us about your first date with Aunt Melody: I was married to Melody on June 17, 1972. Our first date was to a homecoming basketball game.

How did you meet Melody? I met my wife at GRSBM in the Choralaires.

Children? We have two children, Jared and Joel.

Favorite Book? The Bible

Where do you currently live? Do you like it there? I live in Galt, California. It is a nice place to live.

Finish this sentence: "People say my best characteristic is..." My sense of humor.

"I wish I could change about myself-" My hair color.

Something funny/scary your children have done: My sons put super glue on my straw. It was stuck on my lips for awhile. (Editor's note: Would this be "funny" or "scary"??)


What do you like to do after a long day? I like to sit in my recliner with a cold drink.

Introvert or extrovert? Extrovert.

What is your favorite hymn? Great is Thy Faithfulness.

How did you become a Christian? I went to a Joe Talley Evangelistic meeting at my home church in Wayland, Michigan when I was seven years old. It was so clear to me even at that age what an important decision I had made. Praise the Lord!

Favorite Bible Verse? John 14:6- "Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me."


Is there something specific you want to do or accomplish before you die? I would like to reach out to and witness to those unsaved that I work with before I die.

What is a word of advice you would give to someone younger than you? My advice would be to use the rest of your life to serve the Lord and don't let anyone despise your youth as I Timothy 4:12 says.

Thank you, Uncle Steve, for sharing a bit of yourself. I know I speak for everyone in the family when I say that we all love your crazy sense of humor and couldn't imagine the Parks family without you!

No comments: