Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dress Malfunction at the Dance

This was the first time. All those lovely gathers began to come out after the first dance. Hannah resewed a few right there on the dance floor. Within half an hour, *all* those lovely gathers had come out. Thankfully, a couple of wonderful moms saved the day by giving us their spare safety pins and I pinned up Abby's dress with those ugly silver safety pins on the outside of her dress (because she didn't want to waste any dancing time for me to do them from the underside). Result? Strange looking skirt, happy Abby dancing the rest of the time without worrying about her dress.

It makes me laugh at how we were so careful not to put any stray holes in the satin to keep the skirt all nice and pretty and here in the middle of the dance I am just stabbing those safety pins through the fabric as fast and as furious as I could! Ah, life. Gotta love it.

No comments: