Sallie over at "A Gracious Home" is turning 40 soon and will be doing a series of posts on forty things she has learned thus far. She is calling it "Forty by forty". I am shamelessly stealing (or commandeering) her idea since my birthday is less than two weeks away. I'm not sure I can come up with 38 things, so I'll start with a few and see how it goes. I would love to hear some things that YOU have learned in your life's journey.
- You can't change people. You can pray for them and try to be a good example though.
- The more I 'm aware of my own sinfulness, the easier it is to forgive others when they hurt me.
- No two people will ever agree completely on everything. And usually, that's o.k.
- People are interesting. You can't put anyone in a "box" and think you've got then all figured out. They'll always find a way to jump out of that box.
- We can be mistaken in our first impressions of someone or a situation.
- It is important to speak kindly to your family members and treat them all with respect. It makes the home a pleasant place to be.
- The hurt when someone you love dies never goes away. It just softens with time.
- The hurt you feel when you lose someone makes you long for heaven much more than you ever would have before than loss.
- Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. There are no eternal consequences if I burn dinner or the underwear comes out from the dryer pink, but it sure does matter how I raise my children.
- It really is more blessed to give than to receive.
- I have less control over my life than I thought I did. But I have more control over my thoughts, actions and responses than I thought I did.
- Life is short. Don't waste time doing or not doing things that you will regret on your deathbed. Also, use the good china. A lot.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment