Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sprained ankles and Jane Austen

Brian used our new snowplow to plow our driveway and our neighbor's driveway on Saturday. The kiddos were outside for quite a while with him and got tired and sunburned. Afterwards, Abby rested on the couch for a bit, stood up and promptly sprained her ankle. Her ankle was pretty swollen by Saturday night and she stayed off her foot until today when most of the swelling had gone down.

What is an active girl to do when she is confined to the couch with her foot elevated? Watch all the Jane Austen movies that we have in the house (Emma, the six hour version of Pride and Prejudice - "Shelves in the closet? Happy thought indeed!"- as well as the newer two hour version and Sense and Sensibility). I think we have all had our fill of Jane Austen for awhile.

In more domestic news, I am feeling the need to learn how to knit. I have found some patterns that I really, really like and I like them so much that I may have to break down and learn a skill I never liked as a child. I hope knitting is more fun now than it was about 30 years ago. The thing I knitted looked like something a rat had gotten a hold of. Or maybe I could have one of my kiddos learn and I could just supply the pattern and yarn... (or persuade my dear mother-in-law to knit them all for me!)

Finally, for your trivia, we did find our trash cans on Sunday. They had quite a trip, but are now back home safe and sound.

No comments: