I thought it might be a good refresher for me to list a few of the books we have enjoyed and the favorites of our library.
For younger children, we have enjoyed classic fairy tales from the McCalls "Storytime Treasury" series because of the fabulous illustrations.
For Bedtime reading, my kiddos have enjoyed:
Caps for Sale
Angus and the Cat
Angus and the Ducks
Angus Lost (all Angus books are very loved)
Bread and Jam for Francis- and all books in the "Francis" series
Blueberries for Sal
One Morning in Maine
Make Way for the Ducklings
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Children's version of "Little House on the Prairie" - "My First Little House Books"
Madeline (and the series)
Harold and the Purple Crayon
Curious George series
Courduroy
Raggedy Ann and Andy, by Johnny Gruelle
Tasha Tudor books such as "A is for Annabelle" and "The Lord is my Shepherd"
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
The Little House by Virginia Burton
The Snowy Day
Mercer Mayer books
I know there are more books that I am forgetting (and can't locate right now). But this will have to do at present!
Later, when I have more time, I'll track down some of the books we have enjoyed for the middle childhood years.
No comments:
Post a Comment